Given that all our quadcopters and fixed-wing aircraft run on electrical power. Having a drone battery charger is really important to guarantee your batteries last a long period of time as well as you get the most out of them. It's likewise crucial to have a top-quality battery charger from a safety perspective. So if you require your initial charger, or are aiming to acquire a brand-new one this guide will certainly assist!
In this guide, I will list the very best lipo chargers, mostly from skyRC for numerous applications and budget plans. If you wish to learn more I recommend you read every little thing you require. You will understand Lipo equilibrium battery chargers to recognize a few of the concepts I discuss. Otherwise simply keep reading to locate the most effective one for your demands.
Best Drone Battery Charger
- Best Choice: SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2 Twin Power
- Runner-up: Holy Rock 5 In 1 Charger
- Most Effective: Tenergy TB6-B Balance Charger
- Excellent Charger: Drone Battery Charger - ISDT SC-608
- Finest Charger: SkyRC D100-- charge any two batteries at the same time
- Most Powerful Drone Battery Charger: ISDT SC-620
1/ SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2 Twin Power
The SkyRC iMax is quickly the 'go-to' drone battery charger and strongly takes the leading spot. Why? A variety of factors for this. To start with, it has a high 6A charge. That means that it will be able to charge up your LiPos really promptly. This will certainly decrease waiting time between flights and, allow you to fly a lot more often! It charges various other sorts of batteries too such as lead-acid, nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride, and also much more.
The iMax is really moderately valued as well as will conserve your cash in the future given that. It lasts for a long period of time as well because of its flexibility, implies. You will not need to invest money in other chargers for various sorts of batteries. However, it doesn't quite there. You can utilize the iMax to gauge the resistance of your batteries and test the voltage analyses from each cell. As well as it lets you recognize if a drone battery charger is dead.
- Microprocessor Control
- Sensor height equal-Top
- Individual Cell Balance
- Suitable for Li-ion, Lipo, Life, NI-CD, NiMh, PB and Lead Acid batteries
- Large width of the lines
- Archive function, show all allowed storage
- Charging Time Limit Function
- Apply monitoring input. (Protect the car pin in the field)
- Data storage (Store up to 5 packages in memory)
- Broken battery and cycling
- Input DC Voltage: 11 ~ 18 Volt
- Input AC Voltage: 100-240Volt
- Power wattage: Max Charge: 50 W
- Maximum discharge: 5 W
- Current Range: 1 ~ 6.0A
- Line out range: 1 ~ 2.0A
- Show at Quit Water for Balance: 200mA/cell
- Ni-MH / NiCd Cells: 1~15 cells
- Li-Ion / Poly Cell: 1~6
- Pb Battery voltage: 2~20 V
- Charging Weight: 632g
- Dimensions: 135x144x36mm
2/ Holy Rock 5 In 1 Charger
In order to make use of the Holy Stone charger. You will certainly require to be able to link it to a USB power supply. This can essentially be anything from your wall to your laptop. Nonetheless, for the fastest fee, you're going to need to plug it into the wall surface. That will certainly have sufficient Amps to supply all five batteries with power.
You would certainly assume that there is a catch that something so valuable is so cheap-- but there actually isn't. My only issue is that it is constructed from a weak plastic so really feels economical as well as might break if somebody stepped on it. Apart from that, the Holy Rock 2-in-1 battery charger is a bargain. Order it currently whilst it is still $10.
The only reason this is placed in the number 2 area as well as not the number 1. The iMax battery charger revealed over can do so much more than simply cost. Nonetheless, if you're simply seeking a straightforward charger after that the Holy Stone is the one to get
This is the Holy Stone Intelligent Multi Drone Battery Charging Charger Hub 2 in 1, a one-stop battery charging station for your quadcopter batteries. With this charger hub, you'll never need to remember to take extra batteries with you on a long day out flying! Each port can charge up to 4x mobile devices at the same time, it's perfect for all of those trips. You no longer need to worry about running out of juice during that special shoot or event.
This amazing Clever Compass will levitate and emit infrared rays when placed over your Smartphone screen so that you can always know which way true North is - even if there are no landmarks around you!
3/ Tenergy TB6-B Balance Charger
The Tenergy TB6-B battery charger is just one of those all-in-one battery chargers. That comes to be actually helpful when you have many different kinds of batteries. It sustains NiMH, NICD, Li-Po, Li-ion, Li-Fe, SLA Batteries. Generally, you not mosting likely to require an additional battery charger after you buy this set. The only drawback is that it charges one battery at a time. However, its best function without a doubt is that it has a memory feature. It can remember pre-sets for your LiPo's. Essentially, all you require to do is plug in your battery, choose your setups, and bill away! This conserves time as well as allows you to fly extra regularly.
It's not always easy to find the right battery pack for your personal hobbies. There are many different types of batteries with different voltages that can be confusing. This is why Tenergy has created their TB6-B balance charger/discharge today! Charging you're packing, it allows you to charge them simultaneously and has a wide connector compatibility option so that no matter what type of battery you have, there will still be a connector for charging available (Tamiya, mini Tamiya, JST hi Tec, EC3 deans XT60).
With additional voltage ranges from 6-12V compatible with both NiMH or NiCd nickel-metal hydride or nickel-cadmium battery packs and Lithium-ion.
- Operating voltage:
- -DC: 11~18 volts
- -AC: 100~240V, 50/60Hz (AC Adapter)
- Charge/discharge power: max. 50/5 Watts
- Pb: 2~20V
- Charge current: 0.1 to 5.0A
- Discharge current: 0.1 to 1.0A
- No. of cycles: 1 to 5 times
- Battery data memory: up to 5 data
- Weight: 246g
- Dimensions: 130 x 85 x 33 mm
Users' Set Up Parameters
- Battery voltage type: Li-ion: 3.6V, LiPO: 3.7V, LiFePO4: 3.2V
- NiCd/NiMH Delta-peak voltage sensitivity: 1 to 20mV
- Battery temperature cut-off: 20 to 80C or OFF
- Waiting time between charge/discharge: 1 to 60 min.
- Integral timer limit: 10 to 720 min.or OFF
- Maximum charging capacity limit: 10 to 20,000mAh or OFF
- Key beep and buzzer sound: ON/OFF
- Input DC power low alert: 10 to 11V
4/ Drone Battery Charger - ISDT SC-608
It's likewise worth providing an honorable reference to the IDST 608 charger as it does stick out as an outstanding battery charger. This product has an extremely wonderful layout with a high resolution, and ultra brilliant 2.4-inch IPS display screen to make it stick out from the competitors. Theoretically, it looks like an excellent charger. It has a huge 150W and can bill most batteries (LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, and Li-Ion) from 1-6 Cells so it does everything you need. So you could say that this is also much better than the Skyrc S60.
The only reason why I do not recommend this charger to most people is that it does not consist of a power supply. Generally, this is not always a big deal, yet due to the high power of the IDST 608, you require to get a 150W power supply which is not affordable. IDST makes the main power supply (CP16027 Power Adapter) for this, but it sets you back the same as the charger itself, increasing the total price for this charger.
- Input Voltage: DC 9~32V
- Output Voltage: 0~30V
- Charge Current: 0.1~8.0A
- Discharge Current: 0.1~3.0A
- Max Charge Capacity: 150W
- Max Discharge Capacity: 5W
- Balancing Current: 500mA/cell
- Balance Cells: 2-6S
- Supported Batt. Type: LiFe/Lilon/LiPo/LiHv (1∽6S), NiMH/Cd(1∽18S), Pb(1∽12S)
- Display: 2.4〃320x240 IPS LCD
- Operating Temperature: 0~40°C
- Storage Temperature: -20~60°C
- Dimensions: 88x58x21 mm
- Weight: 110g
1 * iSDT SC-608 Compact DC Lithium Battery Charger
- High-resolution display screen with easy-to-use food selection to use this battery charger easy
- Can charge 1S-6S Lipos (to name a few variants like LiFe, Liev).
- Does not include a power supply (the official one sets you back exact same price as the battery charger itself).
- Extremely little charger.
- Can be powered by another larger battery (for billing batteries on the go).
5/ SkyRC D100-- charge any two batteries at the same time
- AC Input Voltage: 100-240V
- DC Input Voltage : 11-18V
- Display Type: 128x64 LCD
- Display Backlight: Blue
- Case Material: Plastic
- Controls: Five Buttons
- Case Size: 163x153x72mm
- Weight: 975g
- PC Communications: USB Port for PC Control & Firmware Upgrade
- External Port: 2-6S Balance Socket-XH, Temperature Probe Socket, Battery Socket, DC Input, Micro USB Port for PC.
- Delta Peak Detection for NiMH/NiCd: 5-15mV/cell / Default: 4mV/cell
- Charge Cutoff Temperature: 20C/68F-80C/176F(adjustable)
- Charge Voltage: NiMH/NiCd: Delta peak detection LiPo: 4.18-4.25V/cell LiIon: 4.08-4.2V/cell; LiFe: 3.58-3.7V/cell; LiHV: 4.25-4.35V/cell
- Balance Current: 200mA/cell
- Reading Voltage Range: 0.1-25.8V/cell
- Battery Types/Cells: LiPo/LiIon/LiFe/LiHV: 1-6cells; NiMH/NiCd: 1-15cells; Pb: 2-20V
- Battery Capacity Range: NiMH/NiCd: 100-50000mAh; LiPo/LiIon/LiFe/LiHV: 100-50000mAh; Pb: 100-50000mAh
- Charge Current: (0.1A-10.0A) x2
- Safety Timer: 1-720minutes off
- Charge Wattage: AC 100W/DC 100Wx2
- Discharge Current: (0.1A-5.0A) x2
- Discharge Cut-off Voltage: NiMH/NiCd: 0.1-1.1V/cell; LiPo: 3.0-3.3V/cell; LiIon: 2.9—3.2V/cell; LiFe: 2.6-2.9V/cell; LiHV: 3.1-3.4V/cell; Pb: 1.8V
- Discharge Wattage: 10Wx2
- Balance Cells: 2-6 cells
- Memory: 10x2 Different Charge/Discharge Profiles
- Charge Method: CC/CV for Lithium Types and Lead (Pb) Batteries; Delta-peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCd.
- It has an incorporated power supply, just plug in directly to an electrical outlet.
- This product can charge over 7 types of batteries from 1-6 Cells (LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, LiIon, NiMH, NiCd, PB).
- It can bill 2 batteries at the same time (using two separate 100W charging circuits).
It still utilizes the exact same growth sensors like a battery temperature level sensing unit, Wi-fi Component as well a PC web link for added functionality and safety.
Has the alternative of DC power input so you can utilize cars and truck batteries with this charger if you desire (will certainly need to make your very own wire though).
In general, the D100 is our finest supreme charger as well as is not extremely pricey. For your money, you get an extremely precise, easy-to-use, and also small battery charger. With 200W of power, you can charge just about any type of 2 batteries at the same time which is optimal for the majority of drone pilots. The ability to also bill 1ST batteries is great if you are into micro interior quadcopters. Just like the S60 battery charger, the very best component is that you do not require to use a different power supply as it's all built-in, simply plug it onto a wall socket!
6/ ISDT SC-620-- most powerful drone battery charger at 500W
Similar to the little bro (SC-608) the SC-620 loads the very same remarkable high-resolution screen however this is incorporated with a massive 500W charger, qualified to charge at up to 20A. Theoretically, this is impressive yet in truth it's never great to charge your batteries as rapid as feasible because this just minimizes their cycle life (the number of times you can charge/discharge a lipo while still having full result capability)( most batteries can bill at a max of 5C). It is the best method to charge your lipo at 1C, so having a 500W battery charger is rarely needed unless you are utilizing higher batteries like a 10,000 mAh Lipo.
- Input Voltage: DC9~30V
- Output Voltage: 0~30V
- Charge Current: 0.1~20.0A
- Discharge Current: 0.1~5.0A
- Max Charge Capacity: 500W
- Max Discharge Capacity: 15W
- Balanced Current: 1000mA/cell
- Balanced Cells: 2-6S
- USB Outout: 2.1A/5V
- Supported Battery: LiFe/Lilon/LiPo/LiHv(1~6S)
- Display: 2.4" 320x240 IPS LCD
- Usage temperature: 0~40℃
- Storage temperature: -20~60℃
- Dimension: 115x130x52 mm
- Weight: 289g
- Can just charge one battery at once.
- High-resolution screen with interesting food selections.
- As much as 20A charging rate (perfect for very big batteries (10Ah+).
The manufacturer does not yet make a power supply effective sufficient for this battery charger yet, so you will require to source and also customize one on your own.
The interface is fantastic through the high-resolution color display screen, making it very easy to browse and gain access to progressed features and this charger can bill almost any kind of battery from 1S to SIX so from a functionality point of view it is fantastic.
Among my main concerns with this battery charger is that needs a 500W power supply, however, ISDT does not also sell one this effective. As well as to aggravate the scenario more, this battery charger utilizes an XT60 adapter as power input so if you acquire a third-party charger/ PC power supply you will be required to solder a new port on your own. So because of this, I feel there are far better remedies around.
7/ ISDT D2
- 1.Wild rang AC Input,Industrial level power management.
- DC power (CH1):The charger CH1 is equivalent to a DC power supply when selecting this function
- 2.200W of Dual Channel output,without interence from each other.
- Dual task :Select this setting,the charger will charge/discharge/store to the two channel batteries with the same parameters at the same time.
- Paralled task:Select this setting, it could output Max Power to one battery.
- 3.Unexceptionable performance on the power space retio.
- 4.Carefully optimized internal structure,dual fan cooling system.
- 5.scOs specially designed for smart charging OS.
- 6.Support Multiple Languages,totally localized.
- Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
- Charge Current: 0.1-12.0A*2
- Discharge Current: 0.1-1.5A*2
- Max Charge Capacity: 200W
- Max Discharge Capacity: 15W*2
- Balancing Current: 1.5A/cell*2
- Balance Cells: 2-6S*2
- Supported Batt. Type:
- LiFe/Lilon/LiPo/LiHv (1-6S)
- Display: 2.4〃320×240 IPS LCD
- Operating Temperature: 0-40°C
- Storage Temperature: -20-60°C
- Dimensions: 120x108x70 mm
- Weight: 510g
- Package Included:
- 1x ISDT D2 Mark 2 Charger
- 1x AC Input Cable
Also another good point about this charger is that it can take 100-240V for input, eliminating the need to use an external power source, has a maximum charging capacity of 200W between the 2 ports. Users can also change the charging current at which the battery is charged, a higher charging current will reduce the charging time and reduce the battery life quite significantly.
This charger is also a multi-chemistry battery, it supports other battery chemistries like Lead Acid, Li-ion, NiMh etc. The only reason to buy this charger is because of the high precision charging and dual charging ports, you can have 2 batteries charging at the same time instead of one. Charging from a dual port charger is safer than charging with a parallel charging board.
8/ Hobbymate D6 Dual Port
- Input voltage: AC 100-240 V or DC 6.5~30V;
- Charge power: 2 x 325W (total of 650 Wats);
- Discharge power: 2 x 15W;
- Charge current range: 0.1~15A × 2;
- Discharge current rage: 0.1~3A × 2;
- Balance current: 1.6A × 2;
- LiPo/LiFe/LiIo/LiHV cell count: 1 – 6 series;
- NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-16 cells;
- Pb battery voltage: 2V – 24V (1-12 cells);
- USB Output: 5V / 2.1A;
- Dimensions: 108 ×105 × 76mm;
- Net Weight: 555g/580g (product specs/measured).
It has dual port charging but can support up to 325W per port, 125W higher than the D2. It has AC voltage of 100-240V and DC voltage of 6.5-30V. Users can also change the charging current at which the battery is charged, a higher charging current will reduce the charging time and reduce the battery life quite significantly.
Charging current for each port higher than D2 is 15A, 3A. The D6 is also a multi-chemistry charger, charging LiPo batteries in 1-6 seconds. External flush is easy to use and has a unique feature. One of the annoying cons is the loud beep even at the lowest volume, you can't turn it off completely.
Crazepony 2pcs USB Charger Cable 1A with XH-3P Connector for Hosim Q903 Q905 Axial SCX10 2S 7.4V LiPo Battery RC Car Rock Crawler FPV Drone QuadcopterView on Amazon
Venom Pro Duo LiPo Battery Charger | 80W X2 AC DC 7A NiMH LiHV LiPo Balance Charger Discharger with Charger Adapter | LiPo 1S to 6S Airsoft, Drone, RC Battery ChargerView on Amazon
Hanatora Air 2S,Mavic Air 2 Wall & Car Charger Compatible with DJI Air 2S,Mavic Air Battery, 5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub Drone AccessoriesView on Amazon
Holy Stone Intelligent Multi Drone Battery Charging Charger Hub 2 in 1 Quadcopter Charger for Holy Stone RC Drone HS110G (Battery NOT Included)View on Amazon
Hanatora Battery Charger with LCD Display for DJI Spark Drone,4 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub AccessoriesView on Amazon
Szwisechip RC Battery Charger for 3.6V-10.8V NiMH/NiCd Battery Packs Hobbies Airsoft Batteries, RC Car, RC Truck, Air Gun,RC Airplanes , Compact with Standard /Mini Tamiya, JST, T Plug, JR FUTABA...View on Amazon
Woltechz B6 Lipo Battery Balance Charger Discharger 80W Digital Charger for NiMH/NiCd (1-15 Cell) LiPo/Li-ion/Life Battery (1-6S) LCD Hobby Battery Charge with Power SupplyView on Amazon
Lipo Battery Charger, 1S-6S Balanced Charger Discharger, 1-6S Lipo Li-ion NiMH NiCD Li-Fe Battery with Tamiya XT60 Deans Futaba ConnectorView on Amazon
Blomiky 2 Pack 7.4V 2000mAh Lipo Battery Banana Connecdtor Plug and Charger fit for DRC-446 and S yma X8C X8W Quadcopter X8C Battery 2View on Amazon
Woltechz Lipo Battery Charger Balance Charger Discharger 1S-6S RC Battery Charger DC/AC Power Supply for NiMH/NiCD/Li-PO/Li-Fe/Li-ion/PB Packs w/ Tamiya/JST/EC3/HiTec/Deans ConnectorsView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Before you dive into the guide, there are some terms that you should be familiar with.
mAh (spelled milli Amp hours) – This number denotes the battery capacity of the battery. This number is very similar to the battery capacity on our phones. A larger number indicates a greater capacity. Higher capacities are at the cost of heavier weight.
A quad with a larger battery capacity will weigh more. This can make it feel slower and less agile.
C-rating – The C ratings of a cell determine the safe amount of current it can deliver. The battery’s C rating determines how high the discharge current is. Manufacturers use the C rating as a marketing tool and make misleading claims about it.
Battery connector – This connector connects to the quad flight controller to provide power and to allow it to be connected to the battery. The voltage and the battery’s current carrying capacity will determine the type of connector that is used.
A smaller battery will typically use a JST connector or a JST PH2.0 connector, while larger batteries will use XT30 or XT60 connectors.
Parallel charging leads – A group of wires that allow a battery to charge is called parallel charging wires. To create a 3S battery, three 1S batteries can be connected in series. The individual 1S batteries can be charged independently by the balance charging wire.
Current Battery Charging – This is probably one of the most important calculations and factors to make before charging a battery.
A 1C charging rate is ideal. While 2C charging rates can be acceptable, anything higher could reduce the battery’s lifespan over the long term. One example is a 1500mAh 100C battery that can be charged safely at either 1C (1.5A), or 2C (3A). Advanced chargers can adjust the charging currents based on the battery.
Before the battery can be eligible to use your drone, there are several criteria. The first is the size. When we discuss the size of the battery, it's not just its physical size. It also includes its capacity.
Now let's focus on size and weight. It's true that when we're trying to get a longer flight time for our drones, we usually use the highest capacity batteries. However, you must also ensure that the battery is compatible with the drone and does not cause any problems during takeoff. The weight of the battery determines the maximum take-off weight of the drone.
You also have to make sure that the battery you choose fits the drone easily. To ensure that the dimensions are correct, be sure to measure the drone's battery compartment. To ensure that you have the correct battery for your drone, it is essential to carefully check the maximum weight of all drones to determine which one you should choose.
Number of cells
One of the most important things to consider is the number of batteries or the voltage of the batteries when choosing a battery. This is important because the voltage of the battery is directly proportional to the power of the motor. This is why you will find that a battery with a higher voltage or a larger output power will assist the motor to deliver more power. However, these batteries are heavier than expected.
There is no way to choose the right batteries for you in terms of their voltage output. You can compare the efficiency of your drone's engine thrust table to determine the correct voltage.
We can say with certainty that a battery with a higher cell count will provide a larger voltage. However, the downside is the increased cost and weight.
The most important thing to consider when choosing the voltage of the battery for your drone is how many motors it has. It helps if you are sure that the drone's electronics and motors can handle the selected voltage.
Be aware that drone engines can be very strict on voltage. Any change could be detrimental.
Parallel charging board
The parallel charging board has probably been mentioned at least a dozen times. What is parallel charging board? What is parallel charging board?
Since mini quad pilots use a lot of small batteries, parallel charging is a big help. These components allow you to charge multiple batteries at once from a single charging port. Some chargers have only one charging port. Charging 10 batteries takes about an hour. Hence parallel charging board available.
The parallel charging board separates the current from the charger and sends it to each port on the board. If a parallel charging board has 5 ports and 5 battery connections, the current from the charger will be divided among all 5 ports.
There is a catch. The charger treats all 5 batteries as one larger battery and can only charge them together if they have the same voltage and capacity. Batteries of different capacities can be connected together, but smaller batteries can be overcharged or damaged.
Tips for using the battery charger properly
You can maximize the life and use of your battery charger and battery life by knowing how to use it properly.
If your battery doesn't turn off completely, don't connect an unregulated "automatic charger" to it overnight.
Keep your battery safe in a cool, dry place.
Your battery life decreases by one year for every 5degC beyond 35degC.
Accurately calculate the total charging time of the battery. You should take the amp-hour of the battery and divide it by the charger's rated time (amps), then add about 10% to charge it from scratch.
Batteries are fragile, flammable components and, if handled improperly, can catch fire. Make sure you have a LiPo bag that won't burn or catch fire if your battery fails (such as overheating, etc.).
When acquiring batteries, I very much recommend that you get a LiPo bag so that you can see to it you're billing them safely. A LiPo bag is developed from a product that will not burn or catch fire if something fails with your battery (such as overheating etc.) I constantly position my LiPos in bags whilst they are billing so I can be assured that everything is secure. Below is the precise one I make use of-- however feel free to browse the internet to locate one that fits you.
That is our present tips on what Lipo Charger you ought to think about obtaining so I hope this has actually been of some use to you. We will update this article to keep up to date with current product releases so keep returning to recognize if anything modifications, and also subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Additionally, if you have any pointers on a charger you would certainly like us to check, simply allow us to recognize them in the comments.
Thanks for reading this post-- I hope you now have a much better suggestion on what the most effective LiPo battery chargers for drones are.